The following fire restrictions went into effect on October 25, 2019 and will last through December 31, 2019, unless rescinded or extended due to conditions:
SAN BERNARDINO NATIONAL FOREST
Forest Order No. 05-12-00-19-05
Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CPR 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety and protect natural resources, the following acts are prohibited within the San Bernardino National Forest. This Order is effective from October 25, 2019 through December 31, 2019.
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire or campfire. 36 CPR 261.52(a).
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building. 36 CPR 261.52( d).
3. Welding, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame. 36 CPR 261.52(i).
Pursuant to 36 CPR 261.50( e ), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Any Federal, State or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
2. Persons with a permit from the Forest Service specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
3. Persons with a valid California Campfire Permit are not exempt from the prohibitions listed above, however, persons with a valid California Campfire Permit may use a portable contained-gas or liquefied-petroleum stove or lantern with a fuel shut-off valve in the areas listed in Exhibit A.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CPR Part 261, Subpart A.
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months or both. 16 USC 551, and 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581.
Executed in San Bernardino, California, this 24th day of October, 2019.
Acting Forest Supervisor
San Bernardino National Forest